This Idiot Cemented His Head Into A Microwave For YouTube And Had To Be Freed By Firefighters

Natural selection at work?

microwave guy

Want more Junkee in your life? Sign up to our newsletter, and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook so you always know where to find us.

Just when you thought people couldn’t get dumber, it happens: some bloke in the UK had to be freed by firefighters after he cemented his head into a microwave and got stuck.

This is not a joke: he actually stuck his head in a microwave, poured cement in, and thought this would all be totally fine and dandy. As you’d expect, the cement set, and it took a team of extremely unimpressed firefighters almost an hour to free him.

“As funny as this sounds, this young man could quite easily have suffocated or have been seriously injured,” said Watch Commander Shaun Dakin, part of the Fire Service Crew who responded.

“All of the group involved were very apologetic, but this was clearly a call-out which might have prevented us from helping someone else in genuine, accidental need.”

microwave idiot

Here’s a picture snapped by the fire brigade during the rescue op.

You, like me, might now be wondering why the fuck someone would do this in the first place. I regret to inform you that the answer is YouTube, and from a look at this guy’s channel, it’s not the first time he’s pulled a stunt like this. Titles of his other videos include “WE SPENT THE NIGHT BURIED IN SOLID CONCRETE”, “HAND-HELD FIREWORK SHOOTOUT!! (GOES VERY WRONG)”, and “We did the most DANGEROUS thing whilst HIGH ON THE CRAZIEST ENERGY DRINK”.

The video of the microwave incident, which went up this morning, is ten excruciating minutes of distilled idiocy and captures the entire (lack of) thought process leading up to a guy cementing his head into a microwave (he seemed to be trying to make some kind of mould, but the logic was really not clear).

“I really wish this was clickbait, but as you guys know, nothing’s clickbait on this channel,” the bloke says in what is very obviously a clickbait video. Just a few minutes later, we see his mate making a call to emergency services, holding back laughter as he tells them “I know this sounds like a prank call, but my friend was trying to do a stunt with a microwave where he put plaster in there and then stuck his head in it, and now we can’t get it off”.

The rest of the video is basically just ten minutes of him yelling “I’m going to die” with a kitchen appliance stuck to his head. We’re not linking to it, because this bloke really does not need to be rewarded with free views for wasting emergency services’ time.

Honestly, thank god for the legends at the fire brigade who managed to remain cool, calm and competent while dealing with this whole thing. You can check out their statement on the debacle here. As for microwave dude, don’t be that guy.