Jamie From ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Says He’s Suing Network 10 Over His Portrayal On The Show
"This is not the news I wanted to post, but I feel I owe this to at least my family, friends, & also fans of 'The Bachelorette' & 'Bachelor In Paradise'."
Jamie Doran, a star of the current season of Bachelor In Paradise, has announced that he is beginning “legal proceedings” against the show’s broadcasters and production team over the way he has been portrayed.
Doran, 40, was originally a suitor and “stage five clinger” on Angie Kent’s season of The Bachelorette last year, is unhappy with his not-too redemptive portrayal on Bachelor In Paradise, where his erratic and possessive behaviour has taken centre-stage.
Sources have leaked that Doran tried to leave the show while it was filming, supposedly making it all the way to a bus stop. On last Wednesday’s episode, we saw his highly emotional reaction.
In a post to Instagram on Wednesday morning, Doran wrote that he had decided to take legal measures against both Channel 10 and Warner Bros. Australia after “lengthy consideration”.
“This is not the news I wanted to post, but I feel I owe this to at least my family, friends, & also fans of The Bachelorette & Bachelor In Paradise,” he wrote.
“I’m not going to comment on this any further for the time being, & would appreciate it if people would respect my privacy.”
A Network 10 spokesperson told Junkee: “Network 10 has not received any papers regarding this claim.”
Find Doran’s post below.
Bachelor In Paradise airs on Channel 10 tonight and Thursday at 7.30pm, with a changing schedule week-by-week.