We’re Hiring! Come Work With Us As Our Uni Junkee Editor
We're launching a new vertical, and you could be the person to run it.
Uni Junkee is a vertical of Junkee produced in partnership with our parent company oOh!media. It’s dedicated to covering the issues that matter most to Australian university, TAFE and college students: student and campus life, sex and dating, jobs, and broader issues across mental health and politics.
The Uni Junkee editor is ultimately responsible for writing daily features while managing a team of enthusiastic student contributors in commissioning features and editing. The editor is also responsible for maximising commercial opportunities and coming up with a bunch of original and engaging native content.
The ideal candidate will be a super fast writer, well-versed in standard editorial operations and have a sophisticated understanding of the digital publishing ecosystem and native content. You’ll be social media savvy and know how to get your content seen as widely as possible.
Above all, you’ll write original content that stands out from the crowd and have a real passion for engaging and award-winning storytelling.
– Source, write and commission timely, accurate and inspiring student-centric content in the Uni Junkee tone of voice
– Commission, sub-edit, proof and publish content via the Uni Junkee CMS
– Set and execute functional content calendars
– Manage a large cohort of freelance contributors
– Social pushes and image selection
– Represent Uni Junkee at all levels in front of audience and clients (including client parent oOh!media)
– Editorial reporting and budget tracking
– A Bachelor’s degree in Media and Communication, Arts or English
– At least 1-2 years’ working in a digital publishing environment
– Portfolio of published work with demonstrated ability to amplify content across social media
– Experience editing the work of young writers with the ability to provide constructive feedback
– Computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Mac operation
– An understanding of, and alignment with, Junkee Media’s Vision, Purpose and Core Values
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be the Uni Junkee Editor read more about the opportunity and apply here.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.